Friday, February 14, 2014

Our Life is Here: February 2014

This post is part of a monthly blog circle with some fantastic women who I am lucky enough to call friends.  Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a seat, read through the circle, and enjoy! 

February in my neck of the woods can really be a rough month.  Winters are long.  The cold feels like it will never let up.  Cabin fever starts to set in.  Seed catalogs arrive in the mail and spring wardrobes arrive in stores and it leaves us wondering if winter will ever end.

I had the opportunity to head down to Lake Superior on a morning off from work.  I work full time, day shift, so I rarely get the opportunity to be outside in the morning sunlight during the week.  When the opportunity presents itself, I had to jump on it.

It was cold.  Very cold.  In fact, there was a wind chill advisory with expected wind chills of -20 to -30F.  I should have warmer clothes on, but I decided a cup of hot coffee would have to do.  After a few minutes of being out in the cold, it was back in the car to warm up.  I honestly didn't mind, I was having too much fun.

It was fantastic to get out with my camera.  By myself.  Watching the sun rise.  It made me realize I need to make it a point to do it more frequently.  

It also reminded me how beautiful winter is.  It doesn't have to feel so long, if you can get out and enjoy it.  I would however recommend warmer clothes and listening to the forecast before heading out for the sunrise. 

We made a conscious decision to life here.  Our life is here.  And I love it. 








Click along our circle to see what my friend Carla has been up to at Carla Thompson Photography

4 comments:

  1. Wow Seija, these photos are breathtaking! And that morning light is just amazing!! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your neck of the woods with us....while it may be cold, it sure is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning, Seija!!! The sun peaking behind the buildings and trees is so magical. I love that you spent your morning off with your camera, alone. Thanks for suffering the cold so that we could enjoy these gorgeous photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Seija!!! You know that 1st shot is my favourite but holy cow they are all so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

© life through my lens. Designed by Adorable Design.